Mario Badescu Drying Lotion is a healing topical treatment for zits and comedones. The powerful, award-winning formula allows the treatment to achieve its maximum efficiency without disrupting the balance of the overall hydrolipidic mantle. The absorbing abilities of talc and calamine team up to increase excess oil removal, supporting the skin balance during sebum hyperproduction phases. In addition, zinc oxide and salicylic acid work to draw out impurities from the blemish, accelerating the healing cycle. Last but not least, glycerin adds hydration to the formula, making it able for one nightly application until the affected area has cleared out completely.
- Texture: liquid;
- Skin issues: blemishes, comedones;
- Time of application: as the final step of the evening skincare routine, on clean and dry skin;
- Age: 13+;
- Skin type: all skin types with active blemishes or comedones;
- Main benefits: balancing, blemish healing without scarring;
- Formulated without: fragrance, parabens.
- Salicylic acid is one of the gold standard ingredients for treating clogged pores. It is lipid-soluble, which helps it to reach the deeper layers of the skin and remove the build-up of dead skin cells. Moreover, it has an anti-irritant and anti-inflammatory effect, soothing ongoing flare-ups and preventing new ones to happen;
- Zinc Oxide is a very popular skin soothing component. Besides physical sunscreens and diaper rash barrier creams, it enrolls the ingredients of masks like this one due to its ability to minimize irritation and redness;
- Glycerin is a humectant that also happens to be present in the human body and keeps the lipids between our skin cells in a healthy state. Thus, it protects against irritation and keeps our natural barrier in its best condition at all times.
How to use
After finishing the evening skincare routine, use a small amount of Mario Badescu Drying Lotion by soaking a cotton swab on the pink sediment in the bottom of the bottle. Then, apply it directly to affected areas (zits, comedones, and clusters of surface blemishes), on the face or body. Avoid shaking and mixing the two visible phases of the product. Then, close the bottle and let the applied product air dry. Make sure to rinse the area the morning after performing the treatment. Do not use it on skin that is already healed, bleeding or broken. If it accidentally gets in the eye area, immediately remove it with abundant water.