Mario Badescu Rose Lip Balm is a fragrant lip treatment that prevents dryness and dehydration. Besides its pleasant rose scent, it joins the deeply nourishing properties of oils (avocado, sweet almond, coconut, and olive), butters (cacao and shea), and waxes (beeswax). The deeply emollient formula allows the delicate lip skin to recover from dehydration, irritation, and chapping. However, the formula is still lightweight to sit well make-up. Therefore, a versatile product that works both as a day treatment or an overnight intensive mask.
- Texture: balm;
- Skin issues: dry and chapped lips;
- Time of application: as ofter as needed;
- Age: 13+;
- Skin type: all skin types, including sensitive skin;
- Main benefits: nourishing and moisturizing effect;
- Formulated without: parabens, dyes.
- Avocado oil is cold-pressed from the fruit's pulp. Its extraordinary penetration abilities and can nourish different skin layers. As a high-oleic plant oil, it is recommended for healing severe dryness. Additionally, it is deeply emollient and antioxidant, which makes it the star ingredient of this formula.
- Cocoa butter is a plant-based rich emollient that deeply moisturizes and nourishes the dries skin surfaces. Mainly, it contains fatty acids (oleic, stearic, and palmitic), but also vitamin E and polyphenols, for a deep resurfacing action;
- Beeswax is a robust emollient. A by-product of the hard work of honey bees (who use it for no less than their own honeycombs!), it provides a balmy and comforting texture. As a result, the skin will remain shielded from aggressions even under the most challenging circumstances;
- Tocopherol, known as Vitamin E, is a precious antioxidant. Therefore, it decreases oxidation and is a restless fighter of free radicals, which means it stops the damage over collagen, keeping the skin soft, supple, and manageable;
- Shea Butter is a vegetable fat extracted from the seeds of the African Karite tree. Rich in vitamins A, E, and F, it provides essential fatty acids and nutrients, as well as a positive impact on collagen production. Hence, the skin will remain renewed, soft, and supple;
- Sweet almond oil comes from the namesake nut and is full of skin-nourishing fatty acids (oleic acid - 55-86% and linoleic acid 7-35%). Hence, it is particularly effective in penetrating and repairing the bonds on the lip surface, actively preventing chapping.
How to use
Apply Mario Badescu Rose Lip Balm with a gentle massage onto lips throughout the day, as often needed. Additionally, on compromised and very chapped lips, apply a thick coat of product before going to sleep and allow it to heal the affected area overnight.